At the festival and the folk song competition can partitipate the non-professional choirs from all choir types.
Registration fee for the festival: 150 EUR per choir.
Registration fee for the festival and the folk song competition: 200 EUR per choir.
Participation fee for the festivals after party (adults): 15 EUR per person.
Participation fee for the festivals after party (pupils up to 17 years): 10 EUR per person.
The registration fee of the festival guarantees for each choir member free entrance to all concerts of the festival (except for the festivals after party), festival brochure, organization of the concert according to the choirs wishes, help by organizing the accommodation and half board (if this is wanted).
The registration fee of the festival and folk song competition guarantees for each choir member free entrance to all concerts of the festival (except for the festivals after party), festival brochure, organization of the concert according to the choirs wishes, help by organizing the accommodation and half board (if this is wanted), the written feedback to each choir from each member of the jury.
The participation fee of the festivals after party includes a dinner, a drink (according to the age) and pleasant entertainment.
NB! The accommodation, half board and transport costs are at each choirâ€™s at their own expense. The festivals management team helps finding the accommodation, transport etc. â€“ please ask if any help is needed!
In the case of not participating at the festival allready paid registration fee will not be refunded!
- the program must be based on folk songs, of which at least 1 piece is a folk song of the performing groupâ€™s homeland;
- the minimum length of the program performed at the competition is 12 minutes of pure music and the maximum length is 15 minutes (from the first note until the last one);
- the use of rhythmic and folk instruments to illustrate the program performed at the competition is permitted (piano accompaniment and phonograms are not allowed);
- the choirs are assessed by a international jury of 3 members
- the choirs are awarded a gold- (91-100 points), silver- (81-90 points) or bronze diploma (71-80 points) according to the points given by the jury; groups that receive less than 70 points will be awarded a participation diploma;
- the award fund of the competition is 2018 EUR, which will be awarded to the group(s) that has or have received the highest points from the jury. If the highest score has been received by two or more choirs so the award fund will be equally divided between them.
Registration until the 15-th of January 2018.
The deadline for the payment of registration fee is the 1st of March 2018.
The deadline for the payment of the after party fee is the 1st of May 2018.
The competition program must be sent to festival e-mail email@example.com until 1st of March 2018 at the latest.
Please note: The length of each song should be also given in the program so as the total length of the program. The origin of the songs should be given correctly, if there are arrangements â€“ please add the arrangers as well!
The songs notes should be sent in 5 copies (bound together as 5 sets) with the title page also by 1st of March 2018.
NB! If the notes are sent via e-mail in 1 copy then we apply a fee for the copying â€“ it is 0,10 EUR per sheet.